Thursday 24 January 2013

Overloaded

Moving day has been & gone but it has left a lasting lesson.

Our family helped us do the move ourselves.  We packed up all our belonging into a van.

Yes I did day - A van.

It didn't look much but the many trips up & down 3 flights of stairs at the flat confirmed we had a lot of stuff.

As I said in my moving post, we did clear out.  We had several trips to the recycling centre to get rid of "stuff".

Not enough stuff.

On our trip to the new house, my father in law got pulled over by the police.  The van ended up getting weighed & it was indeed overloaded.  It was heavier than it should have been.

Anyways bit of phone calls & extra vans later we were back on our way & unloading.

The van didn't look overloaded.  It was full, but not bulging or straining.  However it was most definitely too much stuff.

I have thought about this (probably too deeply!) & I feel the van is quite like our life.  Full of stuff & we are happy to be full & carry the load, but sometimes it just isn't safe.  Sometimes we need to share the load.  To make it manageable.


There is nothing wrong with lightening the load, sharing or asking for help.  Sometimes you need an extra van!

So we are in - probably with more stuff than we need but we made it, with a lot of help from our family!

Do you let yourself get overloaded?

Love Mrs Brown xx



4 comments:

  1. I love the correlation you make between the overloaded van and an overloaded life. I often feel overloaded. Whether or not I really am overloaded is debatable--I really don't know. I just FEEL overloaded. But it's so hard for me to ask for help from others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I'm with you I find it difficult to ask for help. I always feel like I should be just getting on with it! But if your feeling overloaded then its the right time to stop, take stock & see if you can lighten the load in anyway.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, love to get comments on posts like this. Great to know others feel the same. Speak soon x

      Delete