Friday 4 January 2013

Blog Awards

"I have nominated you for a blog award."

Probably the best comment you could receive on your blog, right??

I was very excited, I mean me, a blog award! I have only been rambling on here for 6 months - really an award?

Well ........
A lovely wee logo but what does it mean?

I was nominated by Miya Loves a pretty blog following the Life, Loves & Likes of a blooming beauty. She has beautifully outlined the rules of the award.  I have to answer some questions & pass it on. Right.

I was then also nominated by Teaching with a Fashion a fashion loving third grade teacher.  On her blog she explains the origins are a mystery but that Liebster means "favourite" so it's like nominating your favourite blog.

Great.  It's an award nice award from where, who knows but pass it on to your favourite people.

What a lovely idea!!  The cynical me just couldn't rest with that so off to google I go!


1,690,000 results!! 
WOW I'm in good company with this blog award
Okay so the dictionary I looked up said Liebster was German & definitely a word of endearment. 

So ............

I accept!!

Liebster Award Rules

  • Thank the person that nominated you
  • Write 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions asked when nominated
  • Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers
  • Ask them 11 more questions
  • Go to the blogger page & let them know you have nominated them!
Kinda like a tag game, or link up but with a pretty button & a massive acceptance speech! 

Bear with me guys - it's for an award.

11 FACTS
  1. I am Scottish but was born in Germany ( my dad was in Royal Air Force so based abroad when I was little)
  2. I say I am 5ft 3inches but I am really only 5ft 1 (Size really does matter to some girls!)
  3. I have 2 tattoos (& want loads more!)
  4. I got my tongue pierced when I was 16 years old
  5. My eyes are blue
  6. I am on the donor register (Useful thing to know guys!)
  7. I was a highland dancer for 11 years.
  8. I won the Robert Burns Competition at school for singing when I was 11yrs old
  9. I have a letters after my name BSc & RD (posh, eh?)
  10. I don't really like chocolate - shock horror
  11. I love 80s music & cheesy pop
PHEW - that was harder than it looks!

11 Answers to Questions asked by Teaching with a Fashion

Decided you have to go to her blog to find out the questions, more fun having random list of answers!!
  1. To be a paediatrician 
  2. Yes, I just 'knew' when I met my hubby
  3. Would be New Zealand - not been yet
  4. Knitting
  5. Speak a foreign language
  6. Both but better at Singing
  7. Dirty Dancing
  8. Online
  9. Not into Sports
  10. My hubby
  11. In our new house!!
11 Answers to Questions asked by Miya Loves
  1. No
  2. I have 3 penalty points on my driving license!
  3. Spring
  4. Quiet
  5. To get back into my Duchess Sating Coast Dress
  6. A doggy, called Bailey
  7. Learning new things
  8. Grey's Anatomy
  9. Knitting
  10. Scotland 
  11. June 2012
Now to ask my 11 questions - I feel a mix of these two is perfect!
  1. When did you start your blog?
  2. Describe one goal for 2013
  3. Do you have any pets?
  4. What was your childhood dream?
  5. Do you believe in love at first sight?
  6. Are you a Dancer or a Singer?
  7. What is your favourite movie?
  8. Do you prefer online or in store shopping?
  9. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
  10. What is your favourite hobby?
  11. Diet Coke or Pepsi Max?
Now to pass it on, to 11 blogs that deserve a real award! Check these ladies out.

Please note you if you are on my list I think you are a darling, a sweetheart.  Please remember that when you start writing your acceptance speech!!












DONE!!












8 comments:

  1. Congratz on the award! :D

    xx
    http://garfunkelatmidnight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was very happy to do this post!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your award & thank you soo much for nominating me :) I really appreciate it!
    ~Ashlee
    http://ashleenikol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome! I went through my reading list & picked out some great blogs to nominate.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination! That was so sweet <3 Here is my blog post about the award. http://www.thebroderie.com/2013/01/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved you post, thanks for taking the time to answer the questions!

      Delete
  4. Congrats, and thanks for the nomination!!! Sorry it took a while, but posting about it today. :)

    Ally xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, thanks for taking the time to post about it. Believe me I know how much work it took!

      Look forward to reading your post x

      Delete